**WARNING**: A problem seller of whistles***************

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
Zax
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: **WARNING**: A problem seller of whistles***************

Post by Zax »

good to know, and great advice.
always nice to know you're up there looking out for us & pulling the plug on the baddies! ;)
Aim for Deep Focus.
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

WARNING ABOUT PAYPAL --

You are only covered if the seller with whom you are dissatisfied is determined by Paypal to be a cheat-- and your money will only be refunded if the seller has sufficient funds in his Paypal account to cover your transaction. So if you paid $100 and the seller only keeps a balance of $20, you are out of luck, even if Paypal deems the seller to be bad news.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
ahogrelius
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just trying to update my profile. I need to change my location since I no longer is living in Sweden. I'm still playing the whistle though for the most time I'm just a lurker on the Chiff and Fipple board.

Post by ahogrelius »

Julia Delaney wrote:WARNING ABOUT PAYPAL --

You are only covered if the seller with whom you are dissatisfied is determined by Paypal to be a cheat-- and your money will only be refunded if the seller has sufficient funds in his Paypal account to cover your transaction. So if you paid $100 and the seller only keeps a balance of $20, you are out of luck, even if Paypal deems the seller to be bad news.
That's not true if the seller has a credit card or bank account connected to the Paypal account. If that's the case and Paypal deemed the seller to be bad news they will charge the remaining $80 to the credit card without asking the seller any questions.

You should also remember that you have protection through your credit card issuer. You will have to choose which route to take though. If you start a chargeback procedure through your credit card issuer Paypal will not help you dealing with the rougue seller. They will however pass on the chargeback to the seller so the outcome is the same. It is also the reason why some sellers have been reluctant to accept Paypal. Some people used the chargeback procedure to get items for free as there was nothing the seller could do to protect themselves against customers starting a chargeback after receiving the goods.

The main thing to keep in mind is that you should not buy anything from someone you don't trust. If the deal seem to good to be true it usually is...
If tin whistles are made of tin, what are foghorns made of?
Johnniez

Post by Johnniez »

How about a "Sticky" of what company's and individuals are straight shooters for folks like myself that is looking for a whistle. That way there would be less of a chance of being ripped off and give folks a more reasonable chance of getting a straight deal.

In my case , if anyone has one to let go, I am looking for a reasonably price tunable Low D whistle.

Johnnie
Every Day Is A Great Day
Some Are Just Better Than Others
chiffchaff

Post by chiffchaff »

Thanks for the warning. Am new to this but not so green that something seeming too good to be true about a low d whistle probably is! Your post and the history confirms my suspicions. Or have I really missed a bargain?!
Great site. Thanks
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Did everyone notice that this is a three year old tread?
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Denny

Post by Denny »

shhh, he should be back soon
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.