Time for a refresh

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Time for a refresh

Post by benhall.1 »

Hi Folks

Every now and then, certain Board functions stop working. This is usually - but not always - because it needs to be re-indexed from time to time. That is a painful process for me, as it takes some days. However, the time has come.

During the re-indexing process, I will need to do various things, and these may lead to some anomalies. Please bear with me. Also, if I could ask one small favour, that people refrain from using the 'Search' function for the time being. Using the search function won't do anything bad to the Board or to the re-indexing process; however, it does tend to slow it up, which means that, if you use the search function, it could well take even longer than it needs to do.

I'll let you all know in two or three days when the process is complete. (You'd never think it could take that long, would you? Yet, somehow, it does. :( )
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Time for a refresh

Post by benhall.1 »

Amazingly, the re-indexing process has just finished. At the rate it was progressing earlier today, I calculated that it would take approximately 20 hours. It's actually taken just under 6 hours, which is exceptionally good going! :)

Anybody wanting to use the Search facility - please now feel free to do so.