Nice-looking flange

All about flanges and dental hygiene. And hummus.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Nice-looking flange

Post by Dale »

kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Nice-looking flange

Post by kkrell »

I've seen better - that looks like sloppy work. I prefer the ones that are either machined out of one piece, or ones in which the weld has been smoothed.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

kkrell wrote:I've seen better - that looks like sloppy work. I prefer the ones that are either machined out of one piece, or ones in which the weld has been smoothed.
Oh no, I'm afraid I can't agree there. I like these sort of welds - with their flowing, almost organic curves and waves. :love:
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

benhall.1 wrote:Oh no, I'm afraid I can't agree there. I like these sort of welds - with their flowing, almost organic curves and waves. :love:
Flowing, almost organic curves and waves? It's just glopped on and painted. I could show you a pic of some organic curves and waves, but it's NSFW.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

kkrell wrote:
benhall.1 wrote:Oh no, I'm afraid I can't agree there. I like these sort of welds - with their flowing, almost organic curves and waves. :love:
Flowing, almost organic curves and waves? It's just glopped on and painted. I could show you a pic of some organic curves and waves, but it's NSFW.
"Glopped on" indeed! Look at the artistry in that. That, sir, is a flange to cherish. :)

Here's something else of the sort (though not a flange). Note the way the welds soften the hard, geometric lines of the other components*:

* I know nothing about welding. I just like the effect. Honest! :-)