Need a platform to place my poems on!!!

All about flanges and dental hygiene. And hummus.
josephion

Need a platform to place my poems on!!!

Post by josephion »

Hi everyone, I have got inspirations from reading Shakespeare’s poetry and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle works and have some poems that I have written. There are many platforms on which I could place my poems but I want some suggestions from you people to help me know the places to present my poems.
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

Your moving "Ode to Hummus" and "Sonnet on Dr. Watson, DDS" are more than welcome here! Otherwise, not so much.

:P
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

"Platforms"?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

He means shoes.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

So as a literary-ish person, I read this as: Hi everyone, I have these poems I just thought of that I am going to bestow upon the world, if only someone would tell me how to directly paste them onto the American Poetry Review's website.

Suggestion: search for writing workshop websites, join, post them there for commentary, read commentary with a non-defensive eye, revise, revise, revise, research poetry journals, submit, wait, wait, wait, submit elsewhere after rejection, rinse, repeat.

You could skip the workshopping, but I don't recommend it.
jasonoum

Re:

Post by jasonoum »

Yes, as you said, there are many places on the net that can do justice to your work and help you to publicize your poetry but recently one of my friends has found a source that not only makes your work known but the members there add a touch of creativity to it. The community members combine the poems with audio, music, motion graphics and other elements to make your poem a visual poem. It is a different thing and I hope that you would love that.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Link removed from above post to defeat its purpose, but preserve the spamalicious goodness of this thread.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Haven't had a good spam party in a while, 'tis true. :party:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Re: Need a platform to place my poems on!!!

Post by WyoBadger »

Why, yes, I would love a different thing, as a matter of fact! How thoughtful. How ever did you know?
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.