My Humus Recipe.

All about flanges and dental hygiene. And hummus.
learn2turn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play mostly my Killary Brass High-D and MK Pro low-D. Also like my Dixon Trad high D and my Dixon Polymer Low-D. I have a bunch of other cheap high-Ds and a few whistles in other keys I dabble with once in a while. Also play some guitar and mando, mostly bluegrass and related folkie Americana. Can't sing for squat. Can pick out chords and simple melodies on a keyboard but that's it; can't really play but it's good for understanding theory.

My Humus Recipe.

Post by learn2turn »

Ingredients

Two cans Chickpeas (I like 365 organic from Whole Food, $1.29/can)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Sesame Tahini
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2-3 Cloves Garlic

Spices (adjust as needed to fit your taste)
½-1 tsp Cumin
½-1 tsp Chili Powder
¼ tsp Cayenne
¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Mix-ins

I like to add 1 or 2 roasted red peppers. But you can add whatever you like (or not).

Directions

Put all ingredients except Mix-ins in food processor. Go Whir until it's as smooth as you like.

Once the humus is at the desired level of smoothness, add mix-ins to food processor. Pulse food process 5-10 seconds at a time until the mix-ins have your desired chunk size. Alternatively, you can dice to a consistent size by hand and then put in process and run for just a few seconds to stir in the mix-ins.
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Re: My Humus Recipe.

Post by PB+J »

That looks a lot like mine, although I kind of wing it.

Humus is one of the best things ever to come out of the middle east. A good felafel is right up there too
Katharine
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Post by Katharine »

And baba ghanoush!
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
learn2turn
Tell us something.: I play mostly my Killary Brass High-D and MK Pro low-D. Also like my Dixon Trad high D and my Dixon Polymer Low-D. I have a bunch of other cheap high-Ds and a few whistles in other keys I dabble with once in a while. Also play some guitar and mando, mostly bluegrass and related folkie Americana. Can't sing for squat. Can pick out chords and simple melodies on a keyboard but that's it; can't really play but it's good for understanding theory.

Post by learn2turn »

The thing I like about that recipe is I never have to look it up as the ratios of the main ingredients are so easy. Two cans of chick peas. Then get the 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill twice with lemon juice, once with olive oil, and once with tahani. Then season it the way you like it. The only reason I wrote it out is I gave it to my kid to learn to make; I figured I might as well post it once I noticed the topic of this board.