South Carolina-style BBQ Sauce (great on pulled pork)

All about flanges and dental hygiene. And hummus.
learn2turn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play mostly my Killary Brass High-D and MK Pro low-D. Also like my Dixon Trad high D and my Dixon Polymer Low-D. I have a bunch of other cheap high-Ds and a few whistles in other keys I dabble with once in a while. Also play some guitar and mando, mostly bluegrass and related folkie Americana. Can't sing for squat. Can pick out chords and simple melodies on a keyboard but that's it; can't really play but it's good for understanding theory.

South Carolina-style BBQ Sauce (great on pulled pork)

Post by learn2turn »

1/2 cup Yellow Mustard (or brown)
1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar (Turbinado, Light, or Dark)
1 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbl Lemon Juice
1 Tbl Molasses
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp Salt (*)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper (*)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (*)
1 tsp Chili Powder (*)
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or to taste) (*)
* - you can substitute a Tbl or two of your favorite butt rub for the dry ingredients if you want.

Directions: Mix all ingredients in sauce pan. Warm to just below simmer and hold for ten minutes stirring ocassionally.
walrii
antispam: No

Re: South Carolina-style BBQ Sauce (great on pulled pork)

Post by walrii »

Born and raised in South Carolina. Grew up on this stuff. Back in the day, there were hundreds of small roadside stands selling SC BBQ from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Each stand had its own BBQ pit and its own secret sauce recipe. Discussing the merits of various stands could consume a whole day - between mouthfuls of BBQ and swallows of beer. Sadly, all those roadside stands went out of business in the last couple decades of the last century.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.