My Go-to Humus Recipe, Easy to Remember

All about flanges and dental hygiene. And hummus.
learn2turn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play mostly my Killary Brass High-D and MK Pro low-D. Also like my Dixon Trad high D and my Dixon Polymer Low-D. I have a bunch of other cheap high-Ds and a few whistles in other keys I dabble with once in a while. Also play some guitar and mando, mostly bluegrass and related folkie Americana. Can't sing for squat. Can pick out chords and simple melodies on a keyboard but that's it; can't really play but it's good for understanding theory.

My Go-to Humus Recipe, Easy to Remember

Post by learn2turn »

Four main ingredients trivially easy to remember ratios--

2 cans chickpeas. The brand can make a big difference in final texture. I like 365 Organic from Whole Foods and they are still only $1.29 can.
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sesame tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
(I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Fill it twice with the lemon juice and once with others. You can go a bit heavier on the tahini and/or olive oil if you want it creamier.)

Seasoning I do always by taste--

2-3 cloves garlic
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Ground Cumin to taste

Then you can add any other spices you like; some ideas --

Cayenne pepper, pinch or two for a teeny bit of tang/heat.
Chili Powder
Coriander
I like just a teeny tiny pinch of smoked paprika so that you barely know it's there.
Totally up to you at this point what flavors you may wish to add.

Put it all in the food processor and go whir for a spell until it's to the texture you like.

At the end you can add additions. I like canned roasted red peppers. I put a couple in at the end and just pulse the food processor until they are chopped up but not smooth.

You can make a large batch of humus for maybe a 1/3-1/4 the cost of buying it and you are using quality ingredients including olive oil (which is healthy) as opposed to junk oils (like soybean) which are not.

-l2t