My Humus Recipe.

All about flanges and dental hygiene. And hummus.
learn2turn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play mostly my Dixon Trad High-D and my Dixon Polymer Low-D. I have a bunch of other cheap high-Ds and a few whistles in other keys a dabble with once in a while. Also play some guitar and mando, mostly bluegrass and related folkie Americana. Can't sing for squat. Can pick out chords and simply melodies on keyboard but that's it as far as playing but it's good for understanding theory.

My Humus Recipe.

Post by learn2turn »

Ingredients

Two cans Chickpeas (I like 365 organic from Whole Food, $1.29/can)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Sesame Tahini
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2-3 Cloves Garlic

Spices (adjust as needed to fit your taste)
½-1 tsp Cumin
½-1 tsp Chili Powder
¼ tsp Cayenne
¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Mix-ins

I like to add 1 or 2 roasted red peppers. But you can add whatever you like (or not).

Directions

Put all ingredients except Mix-ins in food processor. Go Whir until it's as smooth as you like.

Once the humus is at the desired level of smoothness, add mix-ins to food processor. Pulse food process 5-10 seconds at a time until the mix-ins have your desired chunk size. Alternatively, you can dice to a consistent size by hand and then put in process and run for just a few seconds to stir in the mix-ins.
PB+J
Tell us something.: Hello. I'm a historian and musician living near Washington DC. I play the bass and guitar and focus on jazz. I'm interested for reasons I can't quite explain in Irish music. I play the flute.

Re: My Humus Recipe.

Post by PB+J »

That looks a lot like mine, although I kind of wing it.

Humus is one of the best things ever to come out of the middle east. A good felafel is right up there too
Katharine
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Post by Katharine »

And baba ghanoush!
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
learn2turn
Tell us something.: I play mostly my Dixon Trad High-D and my Dixon Polymer Low-D. I have a bunch of other cheap high-Ds and a few whistles in other keys a dabble with once in a while. Also play some guitar and mando, mostly bluegrass and related folkie Americana. Can't sing for squat. Can pick out chords and simply melodies on keyboard but that's it as far as playing but it's good for understanding theory.

Post by learn2turn »

The thing I like about that recipe is I never have to look it up as the ratios of the main ingredients are so easy. Two cans of chick peas. Then get the 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill twice with lemon juice, once with olive oil, and once with tahani. Then season it the way you like it. The only reason I wrote it out is I gave it to my kid to learn to make; I figured I might as well post it once I noticed the topic of this board.