Lost Jerome Thibouville Lamy parallel bore flute

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
rudallcarte
antispam: No

Lost Jerome Thibouville Lamy parallel bore flute

Post by rudallcarte »

Now this really is a long shot, because I lost it 14 years ago at the Irish Centre in Tottenham, but I would be very interested to see if it did end up in another players hands. I left it after a gig and only noticed the empty case a few days later. Have since got another flute that I love but wondered who picked it up and what they did with it.

It was a late 19th century cocus-wood simple system flute but the distinctive thing about it was that it had a parallel bore rather than a conical bore and had (apparently) a parabolic head joint to go with it. So it was a bit like a Boehm flute body but with the keys of an old simple system. I've never seen another one like it. I will try to find a pic of it, but it was stamped thus
Jerome Thibouville Lamy
London
JTL

It had not serial number but I think there was an address.

Anyone seen it, just out of interest?