STOLEN: MK Pro Low D Whistle in Polished Green

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
*silmarillion*
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: There is no spam here, only pipers. One of these days I'll get my pipes back out, dust them off, and have a few hours of fun and frustration. I can spend at least as much time maintaining the Uilleann pipes as I do playing them! Such is the life of a piper in training.

STOLEN: MK Pro Low D Whistle in Polished Green

Post by *silmarillion* »

Hello all,

On Thurday, December 10, 2015, my polished green MK Pro low D whistle was stolen during transit while being shipped through the U.S. mail. A family member had shipped it to me from out of state in a Priority Mail shipping tube. When I received and signed for the tube in my apartment's office, it was empty. The tape on one end had been tampered with, and the white plastic plug had been put back in.

My mistake was first of all letting the whistle out of my sight and secondly not emphasizing that my family member insure it for the full value of the instrument (USPS Priority Mail only come with $50 insurance unless otherwise upgraded). To my knowledge, there was no serial #, date, or significant feature to identify this whistle.

The whistle was likely stolen in the Winston-Salem, NC area, or en route from Livingston, Montana by a USPS employee.

Thanks,
Nathan Fox
Sirchronique
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Re: STOLEN: MK Pro Low D Whistle in Polished Green

Post by Sirchronique »

How do you know it was a USPS employee, and not someone at your apartment office? This may not be the case, but it is probably better to leave no stones un-turned. I'll keep my eyes peeled on eBay.