Yamaha's ABS resin 300-series recorders: generation changes?

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
jambrand
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm mainly a sax player, though considering Martin "educciman" Niethammer's fipple-head flutes as a doubling instrument is what originally brought me here. I've poked around elsewhere on the forum and see discussions regarding recorders and accordion, which I also have some interest in, though don't (yet) play. I usually lean more toward lurking than loquaciousness, but perhaps when I'm feeling festive I'll post a recipe for hummus :)

Yamaha's ABS resin 300-series recorders: generation changes?

Post by jambrand »

Looking at Yamaha's catalog of recorders, I see that those in their 300 series have model-numbers that end in either III (soprano and alto) or II -- does anybody know how these instruments might differ from previous generations? While my current interest tends more toward bass specifically, I figured I'd pose the more general question and not needlessly restrict the discussion for others who might have broader knowledge they'd care to share. Cheers! :)
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Re: Yamaha's ABS resin 300-series recorders: generation chan

Post by AuLoS303 »

Yea I have a YRA312B III. I've often wondered what the previous versions were like.
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: Yamaha's ABS resin 300-series recorders: generation chan

Post by fatmac »

From my memory, there were plain brown ones & brown ones with a white/cream coloured fipple & joint, the first were cheaper, & to my mind not quite right sounding, I hardly played the plain brown ones, preferring the tones of the dual coloured ones, (but I can't remember their name/number).
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.