Fingering Charts - downloads & links

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jemtheflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Fingering Charts - downloads & links

Post by jemtheflute »

New additional resource http://anne-pustlauk.de/wp-content/them ... gering.php

I've just become aware of this amazing resource made available from her researches by superb German period player (including of 8-key flutes - check out her website!) Anne Pustlauk. It's not very easy to make quick comparisons from, but as a documentation and reference resource, it has it all. You use the search tool at top L of the start page to find all the recorded fingerings for the chosen note from all the period sources she has been able to access throughout the C19th. She writes, "It contains at the moment 5827 fingerings from app. 150 (European) simple system flute methods from 1786 up to 1891 + comments by the authors about their use. There are still some problems to solve (sometimes text parts are missing) but I’m working on it!"
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

I discovered today that somehow two pages in the Rockstro 8-key fingering chart in my Box-net resources had mysteriously become blank. I don't think they were like that originally, and certainly the master document on my computer is complete and all correct. Anyway, if anyone has downloaded the document recently and two pages are blank, I've re-uploaded from the master copy and all is now as it should be. Please re-download if you have been affected.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
rentspel
Tell us something.: I have been playing flute all my life and I am looking for people with the same interest to share ideas, experience and thoughts with. :)

Post by rentspel »

Amazing resources guys! Thank you so much for sharing this you have saved my lockdown-Covid-autumn :)