Rare Hammy delrin d flute cased - SOLD

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Rare Hammy delrin d flute cased - SOLD

Post by sponge »

Hi everyone,

I have not been around for a while, ( work, WORK, work )

a few years back I bought a Hammy delrin flute from a chiffer, great flute, loved it, sold it, various reasons, not the flutes fault,
I missed it so much I phone Hammy who I had met the year before when I was over in Dunmanway Ireland working, I bought his excellent flute book, anyway he said he could make me a new delrin roughly 8 months wait, so I left it and had a think, then remembered its written somewhere on the web that Hammy plays a delrin flute himself, so with loads of cheek I asked if he would sell me his own flute, well he was very kind and obliging and said he would, I was visiting friends beggining of last year 2011 and he said he would have to retro fit silver rings and get the flute looking perfect, well he did and it does, when I went to collect the flute Hammy played a tune on it and sounded amazing.

I have had some hand issues over the past few years kidding myself they won't cause any problems, but they are limiting my playing time, I now have a Ganglion cyst underneath top joint of my wedding ring finger that is also causing some discomfort, the Dr says to leave it, although has suggested it could be drained, but may not be succesful, its not causing lots of pain just limits me form playing for a long period.

so it saddens me have to sell or trade the Hammy, I have been playing an F flute for a while without any problems as the reach seems to be more natural, no stretch required, although I have to concentrate my embouchure way more than on the Hammy,
so if you want a great Hammy with loads of history made of delrin let me know I would consider a trade for a small holed flute or one in F/Eb or you can make me an offer, I'm sure Hammy would not mind confirming the flutes authenticity either, I will e-mail him,
there is a slight difference with this flute over Hammy's normal Pratten ( I think ) this has an adjustable cork in the headpiece that works in the same way as a boehm head cork, it is fully stamped with Hammy's name adress stamp, but has no serial number under the headjoint cap, this maybe because it was his first delrin or more likely because he made it for himself.

contact via Pm or e-mail

thansk sponge - pics up later
sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Re: Rare Hammy delrin d flute cased - sale/trade - SOLD

Post by sponge »

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE ENQUIRIES, ITS NOW SOLD