J.Gallagher Delrin large hole R&R

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

J.Gallagher Delrin large hole R&R

Post by eilam »

I've had this flute for a week now, and tomorrow it's going back.....what a flute ! it plays, feels and looks like the best wooden flute i have had in my hands. it's so responsive with a complex tone and huge volume. John says he may try to make one with blocks and keys, but can also offer it with post mounted keys......also the slide could be added later.
I'll try to take pictures tomorrow before i send it off.
had to order one.......now, how do i break the news to my wife? she did say it sounded amazing......and it's going to take some time till' he has it done.....by then the economy may be back up !!! ;)
plunk111
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Re: J.Gallagher Delrin large hole R&R

Post by plunk111 »

Don't understand why you're sending it back - were you testing it? Didn't like it (doesn't sound like it)? What?

Pat
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
eilam

Post by eilam »

John just sent it for me to check out, it's a new model that he has worked on for a long time, if i could, i would keep this one, but there are others waiting to check it out.
TC

Post by TC »

We had both a large and a small holed version recently make the rounds at our session here in Baltimore. I wonder if it's the same flute? Personally I really enjoyed the larger holed one, though the other was fun to play as well. His info sheet states "Rudall and Rose, copy of later model with larger holes. Delrin, no keys, made simply to keep cost down". Sounds good to me.