Cruinniú na bhFliúit 2011

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Rocky O Grada

Cruinniú na bhFliúit 2011

Post by Rocky O Grada »

Alright Lads,
Hammy and myself are now able to announce the teacher line-up for Cruinniú na bhFliúit 2011 which will take place April 27th through 30th. Along with Hammy and myself we will also have Aoife Granville, John Wynne and Tara Diamond. We are working on the other elements of the event (seminars, lectures, guests etc) and will update the board as this evolves. Registration details are on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruinniu- ... 5?filter=1

Beir Bua
Conal
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Cruinniú na bhFliúit 2011

Post by kenny »

Thanks for telling us about that, Conal. I'll mention that to some other flute players I'll be meeting next weekend in Glasgow at the Jimmy McHugh Memorial concert, so Scotland will almost certainly be represented :)
Anyone else wondering whether or not to go to this, it's a great event, well worth supporting, and I highly recommend it.
PS - how's the Flute Band doing ?
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
MarkP
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MarkP »

thanks Conal, look forward to seeing you all again this year.

PS. a brief plug for the Fleadh na gCuach in Kinvara over the Bank Holiday weekend following (I'll probably be driving down to Cork again and back up there on the Saturday if anyone wants to kill two cuckoos with one stone).
Mark
chris_coreline
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by chris_coreline »

MarkP wrote:thanks Conal, look forward to seeing you all again this year.

PS. a brief plug for the Fleadh na gCuach in Kinvara over the Bank Holiday weekend following (I'll probably be driving down to Cork again and back up there on the Saturday if anyone wants to kill two cuckoos with one stone).
I should be in Cork by then, so ill definatly slip you some euros and beer tokens for a lift - ill just wait until payday and then get booked.
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

seems that I cannot join this time...
that's super sad! :swear:
should I book a ticket for the next year?

Any news about this year's guests?
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

copied from Facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/page ... 8548698685
this year's teachers are: Hammy Hamilton and Conal O Gráda, and we're delighted to confirm the renowned Roscommon player John Wynne this year. Aoife Granville comes back for her second year, and Tara Bingham returns to oversee the flute clinic.
Mark
Rocky O Grada

Post by Rocky O Grada »

Folks,
We have just confirmed Michael Tubridy as our special guest of honour for this years Cruinniú na bhFliúit (April 27th - 30th). An early member of Ceoltóirí Cualann, Michael was also a founding member of the Chieftains. As usual with our guest of honour, Michael will visit all of the classes to talk with and play for the attendees. He will also feature in the on-stage interview and will play at the concert on Saturday night. A great flute-player and a genuinely warm person, Michael has a great perspective on the development of traditional music over the last few decades which we are looking forward to him sharing with us over the days (& nights) of the Cruinniú.
Beir Bua
Conal
ChrisCracknell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ChrisCracknell »

What would be the typical travel options for one arriving by plane with no hire car? i.e. which airport, bus services etc?
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

bus from the airport to the quay, then bus from Cork bus station to Ballyvourney (past Macroom, on the way to Tralee).
I think it's number 40 (almost every hour), stops opposite The Mills Hotel if you ask.
http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1272964152-new40.pdf

Alternatively, hook up with someone esle who's flying and hiring a car.
Mark
Rocky O Grada

Post by Rocky O Grada »

Hi Chris,
Mark has fairly covered the public transport options above (thanks Mark...you're a real vet!). If you want to post on our facebook page we may be able to co-ordinate travel solutions with other attendees. Mind you the bus option is fairly solid and painless. Keep in touch if you need any assistance.
Beir Bua
Conal
ChrisCracknell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ChrisCracknell »

Thanks for the answers - direct flights Hamburg/Cork seem to be a problem and the two-step flights are all quite pricey. So I'll probably be flying in to Dublin on the 26th and driving down with a hire car. Lets me do a litle sightseeing on the way back too.
chris_coreline
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by chris_coreline »

ChrisCracknell wrote:Thanks for the answers - direct flights Hamburg/Cork seem to be a problem and the two-step flights are all quite pricey. So I'll probably be flying in to Dublin on the 26th and driving down with a hire car. Lets me do a litle sightseeing on the way back too.
the train to cork may work out cheeper then a hire car. about €40 ish, i think. 2.5 hours minimum to cork if memory serves.

myself? ill book a place as soon as i get settled, ill probably just bus in and out of cork every night unless somone wants to exchange a bed in cork for a lift to the event?
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

you can take the Aircoach from Dublin airport (15 Euros or so if you pre-book). Long drive though, bring a book...
Mark
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

I've managed to get to Ballyvourney by bus from Cork twice, no problem.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Sigmund
Tell us something.: Just want to change mye profile since I have moved to a different town. Favourite flueplayers are Kevin Crawford, Mike Mcgoldrick, Matt Molloy and John Wynne. Thanks! Cheers, Sigmund

Post by Sigmund »

Is accommodation included in the fee for the full event (€150)?
"Basically, the game is over if the rhythm is unsteady; it makes things jarring musically and impossible to listen to." -Jerry O'Sullivan