Anyone Who Plays the Irish Flute or Whistle

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RobertMac11

Post by RobertMac11 »

I am a student at the University of Utah, and I am writing an ethnography about the culture of people who play either of these instruments. Basically I'd like to know anything you'd like to tell that has to do with you and your instrument. I have a series of questions, the first four are things I really need to know about anyone who replies. The rest can be answered if you want or have time. Any other information you'd like to share along these guidelines would be extremely helpful. Also any stories about playing or learning to play your instrument would be greatly appreciated. If you'd like to send replies to my email it is junebuginthedry@hotmail.com
Thank you so much to everyone who responds.

*How and why did you start playing your instrument?

*Where are you from? Where do you live (approximately)? Is that rural or urban? Where are your ancestors from? How much do you know about your ancestry?

*Where do you buy your instruments?

*Where did you learn to play your instrument? Did you teach yourself, or did you have a formal instructor?

How long have you played?

Was there anyone else in your family that played this instrument?

Do you play any other instruments?

What music do you listen to? What artists or composers?

Do you perform? If so where?

What is your profession?

Again, thank you so much,
Robert

P.S. Please include your real name if you would like to be credited for the pieces I use. Otherwise I will credit it to your username.