murray 5 key swap

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
fionnbarra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fionnbarra »

i would like to swap a new 5 key sam murray flute (short f), for a keyless grinter flute.
shoner
antispam: No

Post by shoner »

I hope you've thought this through very carefully. I have a Murray and it's a fabulous flute. It rips like a buzzsaw with the right technique. It's a darker less percussive sound than what you'd get out of a properly played cocus Olwell/Grinter flute but it's not that dissimilar from the Grinter sound.

Maybe you've played on a Grinter and found it worked best for you. In that case good luck with your swap. But please don't say you desire a Grinter because you want to sound like KC because it aint gonna happen. The fallacy that the instrument creates the sound needs to be thoroughly dispelled. It's true you need an axe to chop wood but the musician is the one who swings it.
gcollins

Post by gcollins »

I'm not so sure.

I was playing my Rudall with the Wilkes head in a Chinese Irish pub, and this Chinese dude comes up to me and asks if I'm KC (all of us foreigners look alike you know).

I said, yes, but I just shaved my head and inserted the blue-colored contact lenses.

So there you go. My flute made me KC for a day. :smile:
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Finbar -
I am interested. I am expecting a keyed Grinter in the next few weeks, so this is a perfect time for me. Everyone here will tell you how fond I am of my keyless Grinter. It is a magnificant flute!

I e-mailed you but my mail bounced back because your account is above it's limit. I have sent you a Private Message using the Chiff and Fipple messageboard system.

Please respond via my e-mail link below.
Best,
Chris
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Dammit Laughlin, I want that Murray!
Alas, I have no Grinter to trade for it, and now it looks like my plan to trade you back your Abell set for your keyless Grinter is down the tube as well (Sigh).

Ah well, at least the Murray will go to a Pal, I can live with that, I suppose. You gotta promise to give me first shot at it if you ever decide to part with the Murray though....

Loren

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Loren on 2002-10-07 15:09 ]</font>
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Any chance you'll trade that murray for a keyless hammy? :smile:
fionnbarra

Post by fionnbarra »

the flute is still available!
brownja

Post by brownja »

Finbar,
Would you take cash? That would expland you potential market and then you could use the cash for a Grinter or anything else.
What part of the world are you located in?
Regards,
John
fionnbarra

Post by fionnbarra »

i am from the west of ireland! If you want to place an offer, you could leave a private message type thing for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fionnbarra on 2002-10-09 08:56 ]</font>