Olwell Headjoint on a Lehart?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Olwell Headjoint on a Lehart?

Post by Loren »

I know that the Olwell HJ will fit on most Murray bodies with a little teflon tape. Does anyone happen to know from experience if standard Olwell headjoints happen to fit onto Lehart flutes?

TIA,

Loren
maracirac
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by maracirac »

loren, i dont know for olwell, but i could check for you inner and outer diameter of male and female tube with caliper on my lehart flute,
when i return to home .
so, if you able to find diameter of olwell male and female tube from some of chiffers from forum you will find a right answer.i suppose that is much harder to find lehart flutes in usa than olwells.
i had for a while jon c. traveling cocobolo flute ( some kind of hybrid of rudall series 5000 and 7000) and headjoint of jon flute ( without a barrell) suit perfectly to lehart, and even give much better tone for my ears, because jon's headjoint was unlined which i preffer more than lehart lined headjoint.so, last two weeks i was played lehart with jon c. headjoint and had really great time!
unfortunely lehart still didn't made flute with unlinned head,although in e mail corespodention he said that he is able to do this.
marin
maracirac
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by maracirac »

loren, male joint on lehart ( on head joint)
inner diameter: 19,0 mm
outer diameter: 20,0 mm, thickness of tube d= 0,5 mm

female joint on barell
inner diameter: 20,1 mm
outer diameter: 21,1 mm , thickness of tube d= 0,5 mm
marin