A home for neglected flutes...

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Cork
antispam: No

A home for neglected flutes...

Post by Cork »

Poor things, abandoned and neglected, that indeed is a sorry flute!

So, as an act of charity, could anybody here be willing to sponsor a home for abandoned and neglected flutes, by taking them home with you?

Bless your heart!
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sillydill »

Dear Cork,

I've often felt as if I were running a Flute Spa myself! :D

I get the tired, worn flutes coming in to be pampered and revived. I see that they get moisturized, oiled, rubbed, mended and spruced up. I'm their custodian. I don't ever feel that I "own" a flute, I just simply take care of them.

It's part of why I've never bonded with a poly-flute......they don't need me!
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Sillydill wrote:Dear Cork,

I've often felt as if I were running a Flute Spa myself! :D

I get the tired, worn flutes coming in to be pampered and revived. I see that they get moisturized, oiled, rubbed, mended and spruced up. I'm their custodian. I don't ever feel that I "own" a flute, I just simply take care of them.

It's part of why I've never bonded with a poly-flute......they don't need me!

You've outbid be a few times.

You get what you deserve.

;) :D
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Henke
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

I think I have one of your orphan flutes, SillyDill. It's still with me. I like it a lot. Casey even gave it a tune-up and now it plays better than ever.

Last night our session was held at someone's house instead of the normal coffeehouse. Nobody can hear me play at the coffeehouse. They could hear me last night though and kept asking me to play tunes for them. They said I should definitely keep playing because I have a sweet sound and know a lot of tunes they don't know.

Orphan flutes can open up new worlds of opportunity and fun for people. So thank you all you flute orphan fixer-uppers!
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

I think I'm already running one of those. I call it the Island of the Misfit Flutes. At the rate things are going soon I'll have some sort of instrument for each of the misfit animals who also live here (although a bunch will have to make do with whistles).

Once a collector, always a collector. I'm such a sentimental goofball.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

I am willing to house orphan flutes, but unfortunately the orphanage I run is for special flutes, and we have very strict requirements. At present admission is limited to Boosey Pratten's, and Hawkes flutes, there may be a slot in the near future for Prowse flutes as well, but only those by Keith Prowse. I can assure you that flutes will receive excellent care, provided they are cooperative.