FS: Grinter blackwood 8 key

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
flutefry
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Pipes have become my main instrument, but I still play the flute. I have emerged from the "instrument acquisition" phase, and am now down to one full set of pipes (Gordon Galloway), and one flute (Hudson Siccama).

FS: Grinter blackwood 8 key

Post by flutefry »

FS: 8 key blackwood Michael Grinter, finished late 2004, original model with plain, D-shaped rings. Projects very well, and is well in tune in three octaves. In like new condition. Baroque cross-fingerings and trills work very well.

Current new price is 3200 Euros (about $4350 US). Asking $3600 (US) plus shipping and insurance. See http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~grinter/ for details.

PM or e-mail me with questions, or for pics.

Hugh

http://Flutefry.fileave.com/266644-IMG_0012.JPG
http://Flutefry.fileave.com/872200-IMG_0021.JPG
Last edited by flutefry on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I thought I had no talent, but my talent is to persist anyway.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Apart from having great taste in flutes, I've dealt with Hugh face-to-face and he's a pleasure to do business with too.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

bump
flutefry
Tell us something.: Pipes have become my main instrument, but I still play the flute. I have emerged from the "instrument acquisition" phase, and am now down to one full set of pipes (Gordon Galloway), and one flute (Hudson Siccama).

Post by flutefry »

Links to pics now provided. Hugh
Jennie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jennie »

And my ten-year-old gets her first installment of the long-term plan for braces next week. Price tag on that one, $3900. Darn!

Kevin Crawford let me try his Grinter.

I think the Grinter's keywork is prettier than braces.

Jennie
flutefry

Post by flutefry »

Yes, I spent my weekend dealing with dental problems. Life's not fair-tooth problems are painful AND expensive. At least flutes are just expensive....

Hugh
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Yes, lovely key work, never seen key work so functional
Hornpiper

Post by Hornpiper »

I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter..............
Benjamin Thomas Isa Jaber
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Hornpiper wrote:I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter I want my Grinter..............
Still not ready, Ben? Due when?

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Ben, you could buy Hugh's Grinter (for a steal over the price of new) and then decide which to keep when yours comes in!

Mwwwaaaahhhaaaaahhhaaaaaa!!!!!

M
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

bump
Hornpiper

Post by Hornpiper »

It was supposed to be here in June which turned into September at the latest which has now turned into January '08, supposedly. It's going to be a new-design model with 6 keys including a right-hand Bb touch instead of a left-hand one. This one Hugh's got looks amazing too though....
Benjamin Thomas Isa Jaber
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Hornpiper wrote:It was supposed to be here in June which turned into September at the latest which has now turned into January '08, supposedly. It's going to be a new-design model with 6 keys including a right-hand Bb touch instead of a left-hand one. This one Hugh's got looks amazing too though....
It looks amazing, AND it's 8-key.....

M
cocusflute

http://holmesmcnaughton.com/

Post by cocusflute »

http://holmesmcnaughton.com/

Cheaper than the high-priced spread.

Played by Tom McElvogue and Calum Stuart. (Google for their creds)

Kevin who?
The struggle in Palestine is an American war, waged from Israel, America's most heavily armed foreign base and client state. We don't think of the war in such terms. Its assigned role has been clear: the destruction of Arab culture and nationalism.
flutefry

Post by flutefry »

Just to clarify Cocusflute's remarks on prices, here is a comparison of prices in three currencies at today's exchange rates:

Holmes and McNaughton: 2000 pounds, 2900 Euro, 4000 USD

Grinter (new): 2300 pounds, 3200 Euro, 4432 USD

Grinter (mine): 1800 pounds, 2600 Euro, 3600 USD

Hugh