Keyed Flutes SOLD - Rudall Rose/Pratten/Siccama

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Blackwood

Keyed Flutes SOLD - Rudall Rose/Pratten/Siccama

Post by Blackwood »

I’m in the process of reducing my flute collection due to an upcoming wedding and have some high end 8/10 keyed flutes for sale. I’m considering putting them up on ebay in the next few days, so if there’s interest here, I’ll certainly consider a private party transaction before going the ebay route.

All these flutes are excellent players in A=440

Serious parties please pm me for detailed descriptions and we can go into more detail, including pictures, audio etc.

SOLD:Siccama #895 8 (10) keyed flute in absolute mint condition roughly made in 1851/52. Beautiful cocus wood with silver keys, plays strong in A440 down to the bottom C. $3.5K o.b.o.

SOLD:Rudall, Rose and Carte # 6069 gorgeous Cocus wood with custom lip plated Chris Wilkes head joint (also comes with original head joint uncracked.). This flute is an excellent player A 440, 8 keyed, plays strongly down to the low C. This flute was made around 1852. Asking US$4.2K o.b.o.

SOLD: Boosey Pratten Perfected #11081 made in ca. 1879, comes with a custom Chris Wilkes head joint with lip plate. Plays very strongly at A=440. Seamus Tansey played this flute last year and loved it. 8 keyed. Asking US$4K o.b.o.

UPDATE: Olwell no longer for sale: 4. Olwell 6 keyed flute Blackwood, superb condition. This flute was Aaron Olwell’s personal flute until recently. I’m only selling it because I just got my hand on an Olwell 6 key in cocus which I prefer. Asking US$6K o.b.o. Waiting list for a keyed Olwell is 6-7 years at the moment.

All of these flutes have been inspected and played by 2 top flute makers and references can be provided upon request.
Last edited by Blackwood on Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
dpmccabe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by dpmccabe »

Why would someone need so many keyed D flutes?
Liney Bear

flute sale

Post by Liney Bear »

Great flutes, everyone. I tried all of them a few weeks ago and they're everything you would hope for. 'Specially the Olwell. Sigh...
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

dpmccabe wrote:Why would someone need so many keyed D flutes?
Let me edit your post.

"Why would someone need so many [incredible] keyed D flutes?

For the absolute joy of it would be my thinking?
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
dpmccabe

Post by dpmccabe »

Aanvil wrote:
Let me edit your post.

A bit superfluous, don't you think? Lots of flutes in the hands of collectors takes them out of the hands of players and drives up prices.
meemtp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by meemtp »

Um...Herr Blackwood IS a player...
Corin
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

These are all top-flight flutes. I've played them all.

And Sven is a top-flight guy to deal with....a bit nutty though, but who of us isn't, eh? :D

dm
Denny

Post by Denny »

what? he's a musician? :lol:
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

dpmccabe wrote:
Aanvil wrote:
Let me edit your post.

A bit superfluous, don't you think? Lots of flutes in the hands of collectors takes them out of the hands of players and drives up prices.

Superfluous?

Nice.

I'm no Flute-Marxist and I won't be the one to tell anyone they have more than they need.

Had I the means I'd take them all off of his hand with little quible over the price.

You can buy them yourself so I can't think he can be accused of hoarding.

Old master flutes moving up in price will only secure their survival to future generations.

Beside you can get a perfectly good (if not better) modern copies made right now.

Look how much the Olwell is going for... now thats crazy. ;) :D :)
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

wow ! this is so embarrassing !!
the cucumbers are beating the gardener :oops:

Sven - is top player and musician.

Sven - congratulations and all the best :party:
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Congratulations, Sven!
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Re: Keyed Flutes for Sale - Olwell/Rudall Rose/Pratten/Sicca

Post by Jon C. »

Blackwood wrote:I’m in the process of reducing my flute collection due to an upcoming wedding and have some high end 8/10 keyed flutes for sale. I’m considering putting them up on ebay in the next few days, so if there’s interest here, I’ll certainly consider a private party transaction before going the ebay route.

All these flutes are excellent players in A=440

Serious parties please pm me for detailed descriptions and we can go into more detail, including pictures, audio etc.

1. Siccama #895 8 (10) keyed flute in absolute mint condition roughly made in 1851/52. Beautiful cocus wood with silver keys, plays strong in A440 down to the bottom C. $3.5K o.b.o.

2. Rudall, Rose and Carte # 6069 gorgeous Cocus wood with custom lip plated Chris Wilkes head joint (also comes with original head joint uncracked.). This flute is an excellent player A 440, 8 keyed, plays strongly down to the low C. This flute was made around 1852. Asking US$4.2K o.b.o.

3. Boosey Pratten Perfected #11079 made in ca. 1879, comes with a custom Chris Wilkes head joint with lip plate. Plays very strongly at A=440. Seamus Tansey played this flute last year and loved it. 8 keyed. Asking US$4K o.b.o.

4. Olwell 6 keyed flute Blackwood, superb condition. This flute was Aaron Olwell’s personal flute until recently. I’m only selling it because I just got my hand on an Olwell 6 key in cocus which I prefer. Asking US$6K o.b.o. Waiting list for a keyed Olwell is 6-7 years at the moment.
This is quite a price to pay to get married! :twisted:
Congrads! :party:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

dpmccabe wrote:
Aanvil wrote:
Let me edit your post.

I happen to have heard Sven play, and I would say that it is reasonable for him to own some nice flutes. :)

(at a session in SF, on a flute borrowed from JGilder)
William Bajzek
Denny

Post by Denny »

dpmccabe wrote:A bit superfluous, don't you think? Lots of flutes in the hands of collectors takes them out of the hands of players and drives up prices.
If you feel the need to go on about this perhaps a different thread would be better.
Sven is offering to sell these, it seems an odd place to beat on him for obtaining them in the first place.

Personally I'd like to see pictures of she what is getting him to part with these!

Congratulations Sven,
Denny
Blackwood

Post by Blackwood »

Guys,
Thanks for all the nice comments, much appreciated.
Believe me when I say this girl is worth selling all these flutes! She's already taken my heart...the flutes are a small price to pay ;-)

And don't worry I still keep a couple.....

Sven