Buffet & Crampon Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jtrout
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play ITM on flute and whistle and enjoy the the topics on both forums. Much more civil and germaine that The Session.Org.

Buffet & Crampon Flute

Post by jtrout »

There is an ad on the Craig's List in my neighborhood for a "Used Irish Flute, Blackwood, 5 keys, in D", $65. I emailed the seller to inquire about the maker and the condition. The reply was that its a Buffet & Crampon Flute from Paris and has a crack in the embouchure, but is playable. I'm not interested myself, but thought someone here might be. If you are, you can Google Craig's List Medford Oregon and go down to the April 10 listings of Musical Instruments.
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

email away! :)
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Cork

Re: Buffet & Crampon Flute

Post by Cork »

jtrout wrote:...The reply was that its a Buffet - Crampon Flute from Paris and has a crack in the embouchure, but is playable...
Sorry to learn of a crack in the embouchure, but otherwise Buffet - Crampon, of Paris, have made some very fine flutes.

Indeed, to no less than a few, very much deserving flute students, I have as a gift given Buffet - Crampon, Boehm system flutes, with sterling silver head joint, as my first choice among student flutes.

Unfortunately, apparently Boosey & Hawkes, of England, no longer sell them, and the Buffet - Crampon Web site does not show any flutes, at all.

Too bad, for these really are nice flutes, Boehm or not!!

D