Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wooden Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wooden Flute

Post by dwinterfield »

I just stumbled on to this. It appears to have 4 holes and a big crack. For the flute player who has everything, except maybe good judgement.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUFFY-THE-VAMPIRE-S ... dZViewItem

Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

C'mon man, don't be so cynical - one never knows when one might need to stake a Vampire while out for an evening of flute playing in the local cemetary Image. Heck, I could've used one of those flute stakes on several occasions.

Loren
Jack Bradshaw

Post by Jack Bradshaw »

Loren wrote:Heck, I could've used one of those flute stakes on several occasions.

Loren
Bloody bloodsuckers are everywhere ! :x

PS: Does that mean you've been busking on Beacon Hill lately :-?
603/329-7322
"I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ... "
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

Gee! I'd assumed it was for playing. Using it to terminate an actual vampire never occured to me. As a beginner, I don't play in sessions yet. Should this be part of the session etiquette thread?
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Loren wrote:C'mon man, don't be so cynical - one never knows when one might need to stake a Vampire while out for an evening of flute playing in the local cemetary Image. Heck, I could've used one of those flute stakes on several occasions.

Loren
Unfortunately this Shakuhachi like device is not made of wood (despite what the ad says, look at the “end grain” in the photo), but bamboo, which is a grass. Therefore it would be useless as a vampire protection device.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Jack Bradshaw wrote: PS: Does that mean you've been busking on Beacon Hill lately :-?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!

Loren
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Loren wrote:C'mon man, don't be so cynical - one never knows when one might need to stake a Vampire while out for an evening of flute playing in the local cemetary Image. Heck, I could've used one of those flute stakes on several occasions.

Loren
Unfortunately this Shakuhachi like device is not made of wood (despite what the ad says, look at the “end grain” in the photo), but bamboo, which is a grass. Therefore it would be useless as a vampire protection device.
Well that's damn bloody dangerous false advertising then! Image

Loren Image
malem

Post by malem »

I love your vampire icon!
very cute and cool!
malem<BR>
My fingers also love creating <a href="http://www.silkscarves.ca"> handpainted silk scarves!</a>
withak

Post by withak »

Is it supposed to only have four holes?

edit: Make that five; there's one in the back.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

The flute is a shakuhachi, which plays a pentatonic scale, hence the four finger holes and a thumb hole. This auction seems way over-priced to me. The buy-it-now price is ridiculous, in my opinion, vampire or no.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

It's not very sharp, either. :-?

Maybe it's supposed to repel the vampires with its sound?
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Doug_Tipple wrote:This auction seems way over-priced to me. The buy-it-now price is ridiculous, in my opinion, vampire or no.
Let's not forget that someone once sold an unmodified SweeTone
Celtic whistle (retail: $10) for over $100, because it was used on
the set of the show Andromeda

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=29711
(sadly, the eBay page is no longer extant)
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Well I'm not going to be left behind, in fact I've been planning to take advantage of this type of thing for some time now: Just recently, in another forum on this board, I unveiled my plans to launch a massive Kazoo tweaking business. Someone thought that was funny, but I'll have the last laugh and here's why (reposted from my original thread):

"Sure laugh all you want BB, however, Kazoo sales are about to skyrocket:

I have it on good authority that Michael Flatley's new production "Riverdance III: Bandaged Feet" will prominently feature Kazoos, rather than whistle. In fact, Davy Spillane is, as we speak, working on his own version of the Low D Kazoo, to play during the tour.

In addition, a Hollywood insider contact of mine has informed me that the next Star Trek Movie is in production and will be titled "The Ressikan Kazoo" (The full title is technically "Star Trek XI: The Generations Long Search Of The Final Frontier For First Contact With The Undiscovered Ressikan Kazoo" To be followed several years, many grey hairs, and more than a few pounds later by "Star Trek XII: Insurrection of the Wrathful Ressikan Kazoo - Nemisis for Generations")

And need I even mention the use of Kazoo on the next remake of "Titanic"? Hardly necessary.

So keep on giggling there happy boy, but once these box office smashes break, I'm going to be selling more tweaked Kazoo's than you can shake a Little Black Whistle at. Hmph!

Loren (Counting my cash already) B."

Nope, I'm not going to be left behind, I plan on driving the bandwagon. Just wait until I start selling Shatner autographed Kazoos.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Loren wrote:Well I'm not going to be left behind, in fact I've been planning to take advantage of this type of thing for some time now: Just recently, in another forum on this board, I unveiled my plans to launch a massive Kazoo tweaking business.
I find that the humble kazoo can be improved greatly by the removal of the sluggish wax paper membrane that normally comes with them and replacing it with rice paper similar to that of the Chinese flute membrane. The interior seam also causes impedance in air flow and should be smoothed over with blue tac or bondo.

If you do not already know these things, then you have already fallen behind the power curve and should work on specialty models like the French Horn Kazoo.

Perhaps you could appeal to the traditionalists and invest in combs and wax paper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
As to the sale of the Shakuhachi, I find it strange that a TV prop would not come with papers that proved it was authentic and doubt that a Buffy fan would accept the sellers story that someone said it was used in the TV series.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I.D.10-t wrote:Perhaps you could appeal to the traditionalists and invest in combs and wax paper.
Nah, too much capital investment there. Nope, I'm going strait to the big guns to hook the traditionalists: Secret unlreleased tapes of Willie Clancy on Kazoo. "Where in the world could such a thing come from??" you ask? The gods were similing on me one day this winter: As I was making the trip from Tampa back to Boston I bumped into the "Alien Autopsy" film maker at a Ron Jon surf shop in the Airport Terminal. Nice fellow. We got to talking about ITM and my Kazoo business plans, and he mentioned that he had this Clancy Kazoo tape. Said he'd let me have it for less than the cost of a case of cat food. (Seems he's had a bit of trouble marketing some of his historical footage recently.)

So there you have it, I don't need no stinkin' combs and wax paper, or even a fancy smancy french horn looking doohicky, I got Willie on my side! Heck, I can practically hear them announcing the first All-Ireland Kazoo Champion's names now.......