Flute stolen!! (Prague)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
cantus_firmus
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for about five years, flute for one and going strong. I've been reading c&f with not a lot to contribute for a long time, but I'd like to reach out to some folks about used instruments, so here I am registering an account.

Re: Flute stolen!! (Prague)

Post by cantus_firmus »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

I believe I have located this flute with an instrument dealer in Prague. The gentleman who owns the store took it over from his grandfather who apparently bought the flute almost 20 years ago. He seems to be an honest man, and is looking to get in touch with Ryan (aka spittle) about it. I'm not sure the best way to contact someone on this forum- does anyone have any suggestions?
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

You could try to send a PM through this group. Link is on Spittle's page at https://forums.chiffandfipple.com/membe ... ile&u=2200 Looks like he hasn't been active here since 2017, but worth a try at least.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
cantus_firmus
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for about five years, flute for one and going strong. I've been reading c&f with not a lot to contribute for a long time, but I'd like to reach out to some folks about used instruments, so here I am registering an account.

Post by cantus_firmus »

Forgive my ignorance- is there a way to contact him through the forum, or is it just whatever people list on their profile? All I see on his profile is the yahoo messenger link, which doesn't work.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

cantus_firmus wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:36 am [Thread revival. - Mod]

I believe I have located this flute with an instrument dealer in Prague. The gentleman who owns the store took it over from his grandfather who apparently bought the flute almost 20 years ago. He seems to be an honest man, and is looking to get in touch with Ryan (aka spittle) about it. I'm not sure the best way to contact someone on this forum- does anyone have any suggestions?
Apparently the flute was previously recovered, because user Spittle sold it in 2012. So it would seem to have clear title now.
https://forums.chiffandfipple.com/viewt ... 5#p1058015

I do believe I had just very recently seen it offered for sale on Facebook, location Prague.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807887 ... 7785584620
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
cantus_firmus

Post by cantus_firmus »

Unfortunately not... I looked at his 2011 post and the endcap is not the same as the original. I expect he had a replacement made in the same configuration.
cantus_firmus

Post by cantus_firmus »

Also, the gentleman in possession of it now states his grandfather bought it nearly 20 years ago. It couldn't have been the same flute as the one sold in 2011 on this forum.

It is the same flute listed on Facebook marketplace from last month- the seller is who I have been communicating with.
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

I am guessing the person that has this flute also contacted you around the same time they emailed me. I talked to a person that knew Ryan but has not seen him for years. I also on the search for Ryan! I hope he gets his flute back.
I assume you have already pm'd him.