Stuck tuning slide now unstuck!!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Blackbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Stuck tuning slide now unstuck!!

Post by Blackbeer »

I spent a couple of glorious hours today playing my old 8 key mistery flute. God it is fun to play. And messing with the keys is a real eye opener. So I decided to try once more to unstick the tuning slide. Now this thing was realy stuck. I am kinda old but my life is pretty fisical so when I say I had tried with all my might to pull this thing apart there was consederable strength involved. The flute was in tune so I pretty much decided to just play it and forget about trying to fix it. Today I went to my gun stuff and grabbed a jug of "Break Free". This stuff is the best gun lube I have ever used. I grabbed a seringe and went to town on the tuning slide. Let it set for about 5 minutes and bingo, unstuck. Once I got it apart it was obvious that some people before me had tried some pretty brutle attemps to get it apart. Anyway just thought I`d pass on the good news. I still don`t know where it is from or how old it is but at this point I don`t realy care. It is a very expresive girl. Many voices and colours and the keys are answering some of my "how does he do that" questions. Jeeez I`m a lucky guy..............

Tom
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Gun lube for a tune cannon! :lol:

...that's a good idea.
Blackbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Blackbeer »

:D Amen

Tom