Price for new Olwell keyless flute?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
iwilson
antispam: No

Price for new Olwell keyless flute?

Post by iwilson »

Anyone know the approx price for a new keyless Olwell flute?

Thanks,
Ian
Flutern
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Re: Price for new Olwell keyless flute?

Post by Flutern »

They've been going for $2000-2300 lately on the Irish Flute Store, and Blayne usually aligns with the maker's price for a new instrument, so it must be somewhere around that.
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
glacier
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a clarinetist/silver flute player just getting into Irish music. I play Greek/Turkish/Balkan in addition to classical.

Re: Price for new Olwell keyless flute?

Post by glacier »

Best is to contact Olwell directly (through their website) and ask. I have a 2022 pricelist, but from a recent email exchange I know there's been an increase since then so I won't quote the past or speculate the present here. Price also depends on whether you want a tuning slide or not.