B foot

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
dubi
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am 60 years old. An amateur flutist. Want to join this forum. A citizen of Israel' Tivon , 61 Remez st.

B foot

Post by dubi »

I see in Reinecke Flute Concert that a low A tone ( lower than the C tone in the B foot ) is played . How is it played (fingering) with a flute ? ( I mean the A note below the 5 lines)
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Re: B foot

Post by Flutern »

First movement? As far as I know there's no low A. By any chance, are you refering to the low A's in the first line of a score similar to this one:
https://fr.scribd.com/document/49279971 ... e-Concerto#

If so, these are part of the tutti and played by the orchestra, not the solo flute. (Notice that the notes are written in a smaller font.) If you look at a different edition without the tutti, there's no low A. Or are your refering to something else? :-?

For your information, this forum is about simple system flutes used in (Irish) traditional music, not about the modern Boehm silver flute, so you won't find many people who play classical music around here, although some do.
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
dubi
Tell us something.: I am 60 years old. An amateur flutist. Want to join this forum. A citizen of Israel' Tivon , 61 Remez st.

Post by dubi »

Yes .I am Reffering to that point . Thanks . I understand that as long at Solo is in effect the flute plays alone . Tutti sections are for the orchestra
dubi

Post by dubi »

Thanks . What you say makes sense