CP: "CLARE" Model Flute (new offering)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
waltsweet
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

CP: "CLARE" Model Flute (new offering)

Post by waltsweet »

Dear Flutophiles,
For your consideration, I am pleased to offer "CLARE", my new model of keyless flute:
https://wdsweetflutes.com/
Blayne at Irish Flute Store has made a nice video featuring his excellent playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JPO9rnk2NM
"CLARE" offers classic strength and a buildable tone while setting a new balance throughout the compass. The best mix of traditional features and practical innovations. Playable, durable, and beautiful at an affordable price with easy care. Full metal liner in the head, African blackwood in three sections, with five flat bands in bright stainless. A leap above "SLIGO" and "SHANNON"; my best model after 44 years in the shop. Available for $995.
Thanks for looking!
Walt Sweet
waltsweet@hotmail.com
keithsandra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: CP: "CLARE" Model Flute (new offering)

Post by keithsandra »

References won't download.
Geoffrey Ellis
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Crafting fine quality folk flutes from around the world since 1997, my goal is to create beautiful instruments that have the best possible voice, tuning and response by mixing modern methods with traditional designs.

Re: CP: "CLARE" Model Flute (new offering)

Post by Geoffrey Ellis »

That's slick, Walt! Went to your site and took a close look at the photos (which look great as well). I really like the use of the o-rings for the slide--that's something I'm doing on my xiao flute now as well and I love the effect. Your Clare looks like a fine bit of engineering and design.