FS: 5 key Lefthanded Wilkes, Blackwood

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RogerDeFlute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ehh, playing Irish trad flute for 40 years and still going strong. Hopefully I can qualify and have passed the two sentence test!

FS: 5 key Lefthanded Wilkes, Blackwood

Post by RogerDeFlute »

Not sure what the waiting times are these days for the 3 or 4 top flutemakers instrument's but Ive decided to sell my 5 keyed LEFT handed blackwood Chris Wilkes that I've had since c.1990. Apologies, I'm new to this forum so not sure how to put it out there. No cracks ever, well minded, serviced by Chris few years back and comes with velvet lined mother of pearl inlaid hardwood bespoke Wilkes case. Flute (and me!) are in Ireland. Photos, audio and futher info available. PM or reply to post if you are interested. Cheers, R DeF
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: FS: 5 key Lefthanded Wilkes, Blackwood

Post by Nanohedron »

Just to point out, Roger, that you'll need a couple more approved posts before you'll be able to send and receive PMs.

Best of luck. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Post by Flutern »

Someone in Ireland was looking for a left handed flute for their student a couple of weeks ago. If you manage to contact them, they might be interested.

Good luck :)
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

What is the missing key?
RogerDeFlute
Tell us something.: Ehh, playing Irish trad flute for 40 years and still going strong. Hopefully I can qualify and have passed the two sentence test!

Post by RogerDeFlute »

Thanks for the helpful comments, much appreciated. This flute would likely be considered a "flute for life"....or in my case 30+years, rather than a beginners instrument perhaps. Keys are long Cnat, Bflat, G#, long F and short F.
Hup
RogerDeFlute

Post by RogerDeFlute »

RogerDeFlute wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:59 pm *SOLD* Not sure what the waiting times are these days for the 3 or 4 top flutemakers instrument's but Ive decided to sell my 5 keyed LEFT handed blackwood Chris Wilkes that I've had since c.1990. Apologies, I'm new to this forum so not sure how to put it out there. No cracks ever, well minded, serviced by Chris few years back and comes with velvet lined mother of pearl inlaid hardwood bespoke Wilkes case. Flute (and me!) are in Ireland. Photos, audio and futher info available. PM or reply to post if you are interested. Cheers, R DeF
RogerDeFlute

Post by RogerDeFlute »

Wilkes Left handed flute is now sold (May 2023)