FS: Baubet Boxwood Keyless Flute in D

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

FS: Baubet Boxwood Keyless Flute in D

Post by Steve Bliven »

Offering for sale a keyless flute in D by Francois Baubet. Body is boxwood with a mopane end cap. Flute was made in 2017 and I've been the sole owner. This is the only bespoke flute I've had and working with M. Baubet was a good experience and allowed me to add some minor custom tweaks as we went along.

Since there is no local music store that carries an inventory of simple system, "Irish" flutes, over the years I've purchased — and subsequently sold — a number of flutes in the search for "that one" that works best for me. The Baubet here stayed through several purchase/sale cycles and, were it not for the recent availability of a LeSoeuf, it probably would have stayed for much longer. It is light to hold, fills easily, has very nice tone and intonation and I find it very attractive to the eye. Consequently, it is a reluctant sale.

The head is unlined (I like that sound better than a fully lined head and don't feel as anxious about cracks and splits as I might otherwise). The bands are sterling silver. The case shown in the photos came with the flute and is M. Baubet's standard case. There are no visible cracks, scratches, or other signs of abuse and no banana bend in the boxwood. It's been regularly oiled, swabbed after each use, and much loved. Similarly, the case is in "as new" condition.

Price is a firm $800 shipped within the US. I would prefer not to ship outside the US due to the inevitable hassle at both ends and the significant costs. I can be reached via either email or direct message through the "Contact" button at the bottom of the personal info section to the right of this message. Happy to answer any questions or provide additional photos if the expanded thumbnails aren't sufficient.

Thanks for looking and best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.