Thompson 'Student two piece' flute Studio video

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Damian Thompson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute maker and have been following the forum on and off for a very long time! I also enjoy playing the flute & whistle at local sessions in the West of Ireland.

Thompson 'Student two piece' flute Studio video

Post by Damian Thompson »

Hi all,

Here's a video of a performance by Fiachra O'Gaoithin (flute), Ryan Owens (Banjo), & John Mc Cartin (Guitar), shown on the new 'Cultir' programme here in Ireland on Tg4. Fiachra is playing a flute I made for him a while ago, the Delrin 'Student two piece' model. This flute is available in D, Eb (as played here) and C. I am now also offering this model in the key of F. Full details at- https://www.thompsonflutes.com/

The video - https://vimeo.com/749708679
cac
Tell us something.: Simple system wooden flutes, keyed and keyless. xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx

Re: Thompson 'Student two piece' flute Studio video

Post by cac »

Great flute playing; great flute!
bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

Wonderful video and great playing, glad you're getting the exposure! I was just playing the student model flute you made me at a session last night, it sounds and plays quite well. Just to clarify, is the F model also interchangeable with the same headjoint as the Eb, D, and C models you also make?
GreenWood
Tell us something.: To add to the renaissance flute discussion that is under way. Well, the rest of this field is going to be taken up by a long sentence, which is this one, because a hundred characters are needed before it is accepted.

Post by GreenWood »

Just to note various vimeo videos (including the above) have not loaded directly when accessed from IPs in EU (have tried various). The splash is "Video is not rated. Login to watch". Vimeo accounts are straightforward to obtain but not everyone has one. The videos on your web page work fine. I watched the above video via HMA proxy set to US.

:thumbsup:
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Just to note various vimeo videos (including the above) have not loaded directly when accessed from IPs in EU (have tried various)
I just tried, works just fine from the OP's vimeo link.
My brain hurts

GreenWood
Tell us something.: To add to the renaissance flute discussion that is under way. Well, the rest of this field is going to be taken up by a long sentence, which is this one, because a hundred characters are needed before it is accepted.

Post by GreenWood »

Own proper IP, and also HMA Germany server

but via HMA US it plays. Maybe your browser has a cookie that logs in automatically or similar ?
Damian Thompson
Tell us something.: I am a flute maker and have been following the forum on and off for a very long time! I also enjoy playing the flute & whistle at local sessions in the West of Ireland.

Post by Damian Thompson »

Hi again,

To answer bigsciota the new (Student two piece) F flute is not compatible for changes of head/body with the D/Eb/C models. The overall bore (including the headjoint) is slightly smaller being higher pitched.
I can't really offer any insights into why the vimeo link doesn't work directly for certain people, it's not something that's been brought to my attention before. Thanks for letting me know though Greenwood, I'll upload the video to my website & hopefully that will solve the problem.