Identifying a flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jaybee-elle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I’m looking for some knowledgeable information re identifying a flute. The engraving on it says “SELM” in stylistic letters (NOT Selmer) and the number is 611ES. Also under one key is what looks like the letters LGC.

Identifying a flute

Post by jaybee-elle »

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this but I saw “flute forum” so am having a go! I’m trying to identify a flute which my niece owns. The only engraving on it is “USA SELM (not Selmer) 611ES and a marking under one key which reads LGC (I think). The letters are in fancy writing (sort of ‘Mexican’ style?)
That’s all, though I may be able to tell if it’s solid silver when she sends me a photo of the head joint.
So far I haven’t found it online.
Any hints/tips would be much appreciated!
an seanduine
antispam: No

Re: Identifying a flute

Post by an seanduine »

I believe that should read SFL. If it is, it is a 611 series Selmer. I believe the ES refers to whether it has a split E mechanism. More information can be found here:https://www.theinstrumentbarn.com/produ ... l611-flute

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi