Regarding sending a Instrument to Ireland from the US

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Regarding sending a Instrument to Ireland from the US

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Several years ago I sold a Flute to a Buyer in Ireland ( I live in North Carolina). If memory serves me correct it was a real Roller Coastal Ride. I don't remember if it was Customs, or An Post Issue and it took quite some time for the Flute to arrive to the Buyer. I don't remember what the problem or problems were.Fact is I don't know if it was the An Post or was something I did or did not do right in mailing the Flute. I don't believe there was any issue with the USPS.
So if I mail this Flute I would still like to use USPS and then I guess it will then go to An Post in Ireland.
So my question to any Board Members that do mail Instruments to Ireland, any Tips or advice? What to do or not do?
Ben Shaffer
GSO,NC