FS: Holmes-McNaughton One-Key (Eb) Blackwood Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

FS: Holmes-McNaughton One-Key (Eb) Blackwood Flute

Post by Julia Delaney »

I am selling a rare Holmes-McNaughton one-key (Eb) blackwood D flute. Bill McNaughton is a less well known but extremely respected maker of concert flutes. https://www.holmesmcnaughton.com.

This flute is in perfect tune and plays well, with excellent volume and clarity. It is like new. It has seldom been played in sessions and has always been properly humidified and oiled. There are no cracks or warp, no nicks or dings. It is as fresh and new as the day it left the shop.

It is a beautiful player with a rich, fat tone. It is the equal of any Olwell, Wilkes, or Hammy. I have played hundreds of flutes and this is one of the best. The estimable Tom McElvogue, who plays one, would agree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZiJ_jzMuxM

The flute comes in its original hard wood case. I am happy to offer a trial period. I am asking $1,550, which includes shipping from Ireland to anywhere in the world. I offer a full money-back guarantee (less postage). You will love this flute.

[My old computer makes posting photos difficult if not impossible. Photos will be sent on request. Thanks for your understanding.]
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Re: FS: Holmes-McNaughton One-Key (Eb) Blackwood Flute

Post by Julia Delaney »

The flute has been spoken for.

Thanks everybody.....
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale