ordering cds from Sylvain Barou

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
stiofan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

ordering cds from Sylvain Barou

Post by stiofan »

Has anyone ordered (and received) cds from Sylvain Barou lately? I ordered 'The Last Days of Fall' in January directly through his website and haven't received it yet, or gotten any response from several emails I've sent about it. I'm wondering if he has a third-party who handles sales & shipping or if my emails (three of them) are getting lost in the ether (hopefully not merely ignored). I've been exploring the Breton flute tradition recently (mainly listening, and learning a few tunes) and was hoping to add this recording to my cd collection.

Stephen
Flexismart
Tell us something.: Some of my original tunes are displayed at https://thesession.org/members/49476
I play several flutes, many whistles, many guitars, bouzouki, banjo, and own way too many pedals.
I could open a music store if I didn't live in the back woods of Pennsylvania.

Re: ordering cds from Sylvain Barou

Post by Flexismart »

The 2018 album "The Last Days of Fall" is available as a download on SoundCloud.
It seems the website baroupellen.com has been discontinued. There is no product page on the current sylvainbarou.com, so he must have abandoned it for SoundCloud.
He was on thesession.org with the user name nagajolokia, but hasn't posted in a decade, so unlikely to respond to a post or message.
The album is excellent, by the way.

As a last resort, and since you paid for it in advance, you might try to contact keltiamusique.com and explain your situation. They may have a solution or a way to contact a human.
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

@Flexismart - thanks for the info. A few of his albums are also available on Apple Music, but I'm an old school fella, so was hoping to find it on cd rather than digital format. I'm pretty sure I ordered The Last Days of Fall thru sylvainbarou.com, but you're right, there's no product page there. Hopefully I can recoup the $ since I paid for it via PayPal. Perhaps Sylvain decided merchandising his recordings isn't worth the hassle, so he can focus on playing the music, which I can't fault him for. As for keltiamusique.com, looks like it's defunct now too, at least as a music site.
Flexismart
Tell us something.: Some of my original tunes are displayed at https://thesession.org/members/49476
I play several flutes, many whistles, many guitars, bouzouki, banjo, and own way too many pedals.
I could open a music store if I didn't live in the back woods of Pennsylvania.

Post by Flexismart »

The CD is available on BandCamp for 15 euro:
https://glazard.bandcamp.com/album/sylv ... ys-of-fall

On that page there is also a contact link for Glazard, which may get you some joy.

If you paid with PP you can easily request a refund for non-delivery.
stiofan

Post by stiofan »

Flexismart wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:36 am The CD is available on BandCamp for 15 euro:
https://glazard.bandcamp.com/album/sylv ... ys-of-fall
Thanks for pointing that out! I just ordered it. Guess I've tended to think of Bandcamp as oriented to digital music (which perhaps it is, really), but come to think of it, I may have ordered a cd or two from that site in the past, especially after CDBaby went defunct.
stiofan

Post by stiofan »

p.s. I also downloaded his self-titled album, 'Sylvain Barou' (2012) which seems to have more Breton tunes than some of his other releases. Oh, and by the way, someone has a cd of it for sale on eBay...for only $99.95!