Poljez flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
kev899
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Poljez flutes

Post by kev899 »

Hi
does anyone know does Pol still make flutes?
Kind regards
K.
Flutern
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Re: Poljez flutes

Post by Flutern »

Have you tried contacting him at poljez@hotmail.com? I got in touch with him over a year ago regarding the potential restoration of an antique flute and he definitely sounded like he was still making flutes at the time. :)
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

I do think he is still making flutes. Try this email: flutepoljez@gmail.com

I do love my Poljez keyless -- though I would consider selling it since these days I am using keys quite a bit.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Tonehole
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Tonehole »

kev899 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:50 am Hi
does anyone know does Pol still make flutes?
Kind regards
K.
Yes he does ~ and has a very very long waiting list.

Pol lives in Morhiban (magical place!) I've met him when he made a very unique keyed flute with amazing intonation across 3 1/2 octaves. His keywork is evolving peerlessly: he's the only maker I've ever seen making inline countersunk keys. Stunning flute.
Conical bore

Post by Conical bore »

I believe this video is about the same maker, Kevin Crawford posted it recently as a review of his new keyed Delrin flute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saSMBYOgGwU

Fascinating keywork with that mounting method. I wonder if it would work as well on wood as Delrin? I like the modern aesthetics of no metal rings too for a Delrin flute. Kevin mentions at the end of that clip that Pol had been in a motorbike accident recently that will take him out of commission for a while, but he should be back in action and taking orders at some point.
JHMiddletown
Tell us something.: I love the traditional irish music. I'm playing Uilleann Pipes and Flute. I'm living in Germany near Berlin.

Post by JHMiddletown »

Julia Delaney wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:26 am I do think he is still making flutes. Try this email: flutepoljez@gmail.com

I do love my Poljez keyless -- though I would consider selling it since these days I am using keys quite a bit.
Did you sell your keyless PolJez already? Would be interested.
JHMiddletown
Tell us something.: I love the traditional irish music. I'm playing Uilleann Pipes and Flute. I'm living in Germany near Berlin.

Post by JHMiddletown »

SOLD: I’m selling my keyless Irish D Flute (Delrin) made by PolJez. It is like new (Feb. 23), needs little air and has a very wooden sound.
I’m selling this flute (with case) cause I have a keyed flute now.
1.000 Euro (+ shipping)

Cheers
Holger