Stolen flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Stolen flute

Post by Mr.Gumby »

My brain hurts

Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Re: Stolen flute

Post by Loren »

Major bummer for a any musician, serious problem for a lefty keyed flute player, ugh. Hard lesson learned that day.

Would have been nice if they had mentioned the maker’s name for the public in that broadcast because, you know, it might actually be stamped on the flute which could be a bit helpful….. take what press you can get though in these circumstances I suppose.

The good news is, there are a bunch of reasons a flute like that might just find it’s way back to the owner sooner rather than later.
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Post by Flutern »

Loren wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 pm Would have been nice if they had mentioned the maker’s name for the public in that broadcast because, you know, it might actually be stamped on the flute which could be a bit helpful….. take what press you can get though in these circumstances I suppose.
Breton maker, 4000€, 2 years wait... My money is on a (left-handed) Morvan with large bands. This kind of flute shouldn't go unnoticed on the second hand market...
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

It was described by the owner on Facebook as a keyed Morvan.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org