WTB: Copley Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

WTB: Copley Flute

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Looking to purchase a 3 piece Delrin or wood Copley Flute, no slide wanted
Ben
bennc2@aol.com
jim stone

Re: WTB: Copley Flute

Post by jim stone »

FWIW, Dave C is himself moving reasonably fast on these. Very good fellow to work with.
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

I ordered a delrin Copley (3-piece, w/rings, w/o slide) in mid-October 2021, and got it the first week of January (2022), but the turn around time could be even shorter now, considering my order stretched over the holidays. I've had the 3-piece blackwood Copley in the past, and both models are winners in my book.
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Dave Copley posted on FB the end of Nov 2020 that they had a C flute in stock. I contacted him, but he'd sold it in the day it took me to decide... So Aaron Copley made a new one for me. I got it a week after ordering it. It took him ~3 days to make and the rest was shipping time.

The great thing about Delrin is that you don't need to let the pieces rest like you would with wood, so you should be able to get a flute pretty fast.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Delrin or wood 3 piece keyless flutes 2 - 4 months
Delrin or wood keyless flutes with tuning slide 4 - 6 months
Keyed flutes (wood or Delrin) 16 - 24 months
Copley webpage