England to US Mail Question

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

England to US Mail Question

Post by Ben Shaffer »

So, I'm getting a Flute that was in Leeds England
Purchase Date was Nov. 16th
The seller has sent the Flute to me Via Royal Mail
I do have a tracking number and the only thing I see when I search the Tracking # is this

November 19, 2021, 1:58 am
Processed Through Facility
LANGLEY HWDC, UNITED KINGDOM

I know this is the English International shipping Center.
So does this mean the Flute is still at the Center or on a Plane to the US, or maybe even in the US?
When I search the USPS Tracking site I see the same message :-?
Its not been a very long time since it was sent, so I'm not worried, just would like to get an idea of where it would likely be now

Heres what EasyShip.com says ..

All told, it can take 1-2 weeks for air freight shipments in the UK to reach customers in the US. This is because your shipment must arrive at port, clear customs, which can take a couple days, and then go out for delivery in the US.Apr 21, 2021
Last edited by Ben Shaffer on Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tonehole
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: England to US Mail Question

Post by Tonehole »

Ben -

use www.royalmail.com as a website tracking with your GB (Great Britain) tracking reference. You can follow it that way all the way to the USA. When it arrives and is processed in the USA, the Royal Mail tracking number is assigned a parallel USPS number which you can track.

Langley, UK is the centre for preparing overseas transit. It's not that it hasn't left - most likely the tracking details are a few days behind updating. With any luck it will be within 10-14 days from UK to the USA.
Katharine
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Post by Katharine »

That would be my guess, as well. I find with USPS that the tracking can appear to be "stuck" for several days-- either it'll be on the same update for several days, or it might say "the package is en route to the destination" (which I sometimes worry is postal-speak for "we don't know where it is and are hoping to find it and scan it again some day" or "we sent it on a wild goose chase across half the country/forgot to put it on a truck/are just being slow, but we're not going to tell you that")... and then sometimes it will even go from being "stuck" on a location halfway across the country with no apparent movement, to suddenly "delivered."

It wouldn't surprise me if the Royal Mail works the same way...
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
Ben Shaffer
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Given the number of Packages I'm surprised USPS works as good as it does :D
Katharine
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Post by Katharine »

Hard for me to say, as I had problems with USPS in my area pre-pandemic... (I have to send Certified letters often for work, so I think I've nearly seen it all.)
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
Ben Shaffer

Post by Ben Shaffer »

For anyone that is interested the Flute was reported by the Royal Mail on Nov 19th in the UK. it then showed up Nov 30th in the Queens NY USPS Distribution Center, then a day later in Maryland in a Distribution Center and not its left there, so I'd like to think I'll receive the Flute in a matter of Days
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Hooray! I hope it's quick and then we get pictures. :)
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
Ben Shaffer

Post by Ben Shaffer »

The Flute arrived this Morning! So 2 weeks in total really.
I will say this when packages arrive at the distribution Centers, they really speed them on out :) Don't know if I'l get a chance to make Pictures, its just a standard Irish Flute