Anthony Quigney new Album

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
anthonyquigney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I grew up in east Clare where I learned much of my music.
I'm flute player with the Kilfenora Ceili Band for the last 29 years. With the band I have recorded 7 studio albums. In 2002 also recorded the duet album, A Clare Conscience with Aidan McMahon.
In Nov 2021 I released my first solo flute album called "Breath-Taking".

Anthony Quigney new Album

Post by anthonyquigney »

Hi Folks

This is my first post here on Chiff & Fipple and it's a plug for my new flute album.

After many years of playing with the Kilfenora Ceili Band, I took some time during lockdown to record my own album which I called Breath-Taking. Hopefully all you flute players get that one :)
The album is a collection of all my favorite flute tunes including some of the very first tunes I ever learned. More were learned along the way and a few of them came to me only lately.
The album is available on my website https://www.anthonyquigney.com and also at https://anthonyquigney.bandcamp.com . And of course its also available at www.custysmusic.com
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Re: Anthony Quigney new Album

Post by Julia Delaney »

Just a note of support for Anthony Quigney and his new CD, which is, really, "Breath-Taking." It is one of the loveliest CDs that I've heard recently. It isn't the "blow the windows out," powerful expression of some popular players, but rather a sensitive, nuanced -- and still vital -- approach to the music. I would love it if relative newcomers to ITM would have access to this "simple," joyful appreciation of the tunes. I can't think of a better person to learn the tunes from.

The first CD on which Anthony is featured is "A Clare Conscience", and that too is a gem. On this solo CD the accompaniment is minimal and tasteful and the tunes are played beautifully. I especially like what he does with Paddy Cronin’s, aka A Tailor I Am. You can hear it here: https://anthonyquigney.bandcamp.com/tra ... y-cronin-s

I bought this CD a few days ago. I love it and I am sure you will, too.

Happy tooting.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Gotta say that I'm really enjoying this CD also.

Best wishes and happy holidays.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
pmcallis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pmcallis »

I'd like to add my compliments with David's and Steve's on this recording by Anthony Quigney.
This is a beautifully played CD of tunes on flute with tasteful, unobtrusive accompaniment. Just lovely!
Paul
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Post by Flutern »

I bought it too this morning and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Just beautiful music :)
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.