Driver playing flute at the wheel

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Driver playing flute at the wheel

Post by david_h »

Nanohedron wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:41 am
david_h wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:30 am Hmm. Why am I reminded of Dale's old chiffboard home page?
Indeed. Do not - I repeat, do NOT whistle, flute, pipe, fiddle or otherwise play with yourself while at the wheel ...
Yes indeed. I couldn't find the 'skull with whistle' picture, must be down a level or two.

But I was also thinking of Dale's home page "whistles where they were not" pictures and Tunborough's linked photo in the light of Sedi's.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

david_h wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:35 pm
Nanohedron wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:41 am
david_h wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:30 am Hmm. Why am I reminded of Dale's old chiffboard home page?
Indeed. Do not - I repeat, do NOT whistle, flute, pipe, fiddle or otherwise play with yourself while at the wheel ...
Yes indeed. I couldn't find the 'skull with whistle' picture, must be down a level or two.

But I was also thinking of Dale's home page "whistles where they were not" pictures and Tunborough's linked photo in the light of Sedi's.
Yeah, over the years we've lost a lot of spirited stuff original to the Board. It would be fun to have it back and archived; one of my favorites was "Martha Stewart's Guide to Session Etiquette".
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by david_h »

Found.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100510031 ... iving.html

Image See link above for credit to artist.
That date at the Wayback Machine (10/05/2010) seems to be a fairly full snapshot
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

david_h wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:34 am That date at the Wayback Machine (10/05/2010) seems to be a fairly full snapshot
Oooh, thanks for reminding me. You know, you can download all that old stuff to your own computer (as .PDF) with Adobe Acrobat. As I am doing right now, at least the old whistle reviews (inexpensive, high-end, & low whistles). Never know when one might need to refer to the archive.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

He seems to be on acid, too. At least he's got his seatbelt on...
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Windyonehundred
Tell us something.: I really enjoy playing various stringed instruments as well as flute, sax, trumpet and some whistle. I have been lurking and find most questions are already answered but figure its time to register and support the forum.

Post by Windyonehundred »

Ill admit I have been tempted to drive and whistle at times but I have so far restrained myself. I have however gotten some really strange from playing whistle sitting in the car at the hospital waiting for my wife. Maybe the whistle is a lot louder than I think it is ??