Michelle Brophy Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Madpiper13
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Michelle Brophy Flutes

Post by Madpiper13 »

Hi,

Would anyone have any experience with Michelle's flutes? She is a maker in Newfoundland Canada, and did an apprenticeship with Hammy Hamilton. PM me if you like. Thanks!
pmcallis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Michelle Brophy Flutes

Post by pmcallis »

Hi from Ontario Canada,
I have a 3 key Hammy style pratten on order from Michelle. It's due (fingers crossed) in October. Michelle is a delightful person with whom to deal. She is a strong player and the sound samples and pictures that she sent me sound and look like a Hammy pratten flute. I'll let you know more when I receive the flute.
Paul
thierlihy
Tell us something.: Always looking for new information on music and playing. You can never have too many whistles and flutes.

Post by thierlihy »

Hi - I was trying to find a contact for her do you have one?
pmcallis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pmcallis »

I sent you an email with Michelle's contact info.
Paul
KierstenNL93
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player currently residing in St John's Newfoundland. I play a M.Brophy flute and have been playing for the past four years.

Post by KierstenNL93 »

Hello form St John's Newfoundland,

I have been playing a Brophy keyless flute for over a year and a half now and regularly play at sessions with Michelle here in St John's. Michelle is indeed a delight to deal with and a fierce flute player!

Michelle's flutes are thick toned and loud and can cut over any box or set of pipes easily while also having the ability to play soft and sweet. All flutes, of course, take some time to break in, but my flute was a joy to play from the beginning. The sound just continues to get better and better and I'm so happy with it.

Definitely recommend M.Brophy Flutes!