Request your thoughts on D'Almaine - London 8 key Cocus Wood Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
TxWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Re: Request your thoughts on D'Almaine - London 8 key Cocus Wood Flute

Post by TxWhistler »

intheair wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:16 am
General comments on D'Almaine flutes may be misleading since they were made over a period of time and in many styles. It's also possible that some flutes bearing the D'Almaine name were actually made by someone else.

I think your flute of interest was discussed in the Flute History Channel on Facebook about 2 weeks ago. Comments and opinions there (positive overall) may be helpful.
Thanks for the info. I don’t have a FB account. Will see if I can view it without one.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

TxWhistler wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:11 pm
intheair wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:16 am
General comments on D'Almaine flutes may be misleading since they were made over a period of time and in many styles. It's also possible that some flutes bearing the D'Almaine name were actually made by someone else.

I think your flute of interest was discussed in the Flute History Channel on Facebook about 2 weeks ago. Comments and opinions there (positive overall) may be helpful.
Thanks for the info. I don’t have a FB account. Will see if I can view it without one.
You can't. It's a private group that you must join.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
TxWhistler
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Post by TxWhistler »

Thanks for the info kkrell.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

TxWhistler wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:34 pm Thanks for the info kkrell.
Does it happen to be this one, being sold by Owen Doyle?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154602646489

If so, he's a long-time participant in the flute community & known to be accurate in his descriptions & comments re: tuning & suitability for play.

Nothing in the Flute History group's postings that isn't already covered in the eBay description.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
TxWhistler

Post by TxWhistler »

kkrell wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 pm
TxWhistler wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:34 pm Thanks for the info kkrell.
Does it happen to be this one, being sold by Owen Doyle?
Yes, that’s the one. I apologize for the tardy response. My wife and I were at a concert last that had just begun when you posted your question.

Thank you for your reply.