Can anyone recommend a flute teacher based in London, UK?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
ppwilliams
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Beginner learning Irish trad and looking to improve and learn! I've been reading the forum "anonymously" for a while and thought it would be a good time to sign-up to join in some conversations. I've just made the transition from tin whistle across to flute, with an eye on possibly picking up the pipes some time in the future if finances allow... Based in London, UK but travel between Bristol, UK and Cork, Ireland regularly due to family and friends.

Can anyone recommend a flute teacher based in London, UK?

Post by ppwilliams »

Dear all - long time lurker and first time poster here... I've learnt so much from the posters here over the last year or so, so thank you all in advance!

Is anyone able to recommend an Irish flute teacher based in London, UK (preferably central or east but anywhere would do...). I've been playing for around a year but looking for some one-to-one sessions to take the next step and jump into some sessions at some point in the near future.

It seems strangely difficult to find any information on 1:1 flute teachers online, but I may just be looking in the wrong place!

Many thanks in advance for any advice!
Phil
Gromit

Re: Can anyone recommend a flute teacher based in London, UK?

Post by Gromit »

I'd try the Comhaltus groups (east & west London) & Irish Centres in Camden and Hammersmith

Siobhan O'Donnell is a good teacher but last I heard she's in West London - I think she goes by her married name which I've forgotten

Rita Farrell (pipes /flute) used to teach flute - she's on Facebook.

Try going to sessions and asking good flute players - some of the sessions are starting up again

https://www.londonirishmusicschool.co.u ... shops.html