Carbon fiber bansuri ebay

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
meoweth
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Carbon fiber bansuri ebay

Post by meoweth »

Andro
Tell us something.: Beginning flute and whistle player. Starting out seriously in Irish Traditional Music. Also interested in flute making.

Re: Carbon fiber bansuri ebay

Post by Andro »

It's a BLO. Bansuri like object. Has a raised lip plate, which bansuris do not have.

I can't see the advantage to using high tech carbon fibre when bamboo is perfectly good, and in fact ideal. Though the special bamboo that is used in India is admittedly hard to get outside of India.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

But it lists the body material as "Assamese bamboo".

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Steve Bliven wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:12 pm But it lists the body material as "Assamese bamboo".

Best wishes.

Steve
Bit of a sticking point, that. Going by the pic, obviously it's not bamboo of any kind, so the contradiction, plus the lip plate, quashes any confidence on my part that the seller gives a rip about their product in any craftsmanly sense. Maybe it plays well, but I'll leave the gamble to others.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of acoustic guitar.

Post by Narzog »

My first folk instrument was a bamboo low F flute. Was $30, from an indie maker. Lets just say I retired it extremely quickly. I would try and do a bit of research and see if anyone is saying this maker is good.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

It's green, it's mean and it's probably bad.
Andro
Tell us something.: Beginning flute and whistle player. Starting out seriously in Irish Traditional Music. Also interested in flute making.

Post by Andro »

Assamese bamboo my foot. Refer to the C&F thread about ebay flutes I think.

If you want a bansuri there are some very fine makers and the prices are usually quite reasonable. Get one from a proper worskhop in India.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

How can anyone claim it's bad without ever having played one? There are a few Indian makers, too, who use carbon fibre and lip plates (to compensate for the thinner wall probably) and in the videos I saw, they sounded just fine.