Almond Oil

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
ceolceili
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Flute player trying to improve all the time. This site helps a great deal with all sorts of questions and issues. Appreciate all the input.

Almond Oil

Post by ceolceili »

I have been lucky enough to travel to Ireland each year before the pandemic and always picked up a couple bottles of Almond oil. Usually find Bell's or a similar brand in any pharmacy there. It's not possible to source the sweet "European" processed oil right now, not on line or even by calling Bells Canadian and U.S. affiliates. I ordered a vile of Bells through Amazon before but my recent order was never filled. I have used a U.S. produced oil a few years ago with a bit of Vitamin E tossed in by me. I still feel better using the EU type of oil. Any recommendations for a brand of Almond Oil that is similar and stable? I know opinions on oil in general are all over the place but I'm trying to stick with what I've been using. Thanks.
Mr.Gumby

Re: Almond Oil

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Bells is from the UK isn't it? Many online pharmacies both in the UK and Ireland selll it. A good few other brands too, I usually get mine at the local pharmacy but can't recall the brand.

Several places in Ireland produce almond oil as well, Bomar in Wicklow among them but you will have to check for yourself if they suit your needs.
My brain hurts

oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

Food grade. A vitamin e capsule squeezed
into it will help with rancidity. And keep
it refrigerated.
http://hain-celestial.ca/en/our-brands/ ... l-refined/
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
cac
Tell us something.: Simple system wooden flutes, keyed and keyless. xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx

Post by cac »

For a long time sweet almond oil didn't seem to be available in Canada. Then a couple of years ago it appeared. For the last year I've been using Aura Cacia Sweet Almond oil. It isn't pure (it has what I believe is a small amount of Vitamin E and sunflower oil added), but works well and so far hasn't turned rancid. I bought it at a compounding pharmacy (a pharmacy that makes up prescriptions to order from the raw ingredients), but it is available on Amazon (and probably many other places) in the U.S. if that is where you are.
Capnewshound
Tell us something.: I’m interested in learning about Irish flute music. I’ve studied orchestral flute and played around with shakuhachi, but now I’m getting fascinated with Irish flute and trad. Is this long enough?

Post by Capnewshound »

I’ve seen the aura cacia brand in grocery stores- I think Sprouts. I thought from the label it was pure, but I’m still figuring things out and just figured out what sweet almond oil is.