Seeking to buy a Walt Sweet Shannon flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
__mb__
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I enjoy playing the flute! I've learned a lot from reading the forum here, as well. So I'm registering to be able to post and search.

Seeking to buy a Walt Sweet Shannon flute

Post by __mb__ »

Hi, Everyone!

I have learned a lot from reading through posts here over the past few months, as I've been starting to learn to play the flute (coming from having started on the low whistle), but this is my first post here.

After looking through many excellent non-wood options, I went to purchase a Shannon-model flute from W.D. Sweet last week. I realized, though, that the Shannon is now discontinued. It's also no longer listed on the Irish Flute Store website.

I know that there are a lot of other options out there, especially after reading this thread. With that said, since the Shannon has only recently been discontinued (within the last couple of weeks, I think), I thought to post here to ask whether anyone here has one that they are open to sell.

Thank you for reading!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Seeking to buy a Walt Sweet Shannon flute

Post by kkrell »

Have you inquired how long it will be before his "improved" model will be available?
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
__mb__
Tell us something.: I enjoy playing the flute! I've learned a lot from reading the forum here, as well. So I'm registering to be able to post and search.

Post by __mb__ »

Have you inquired how long it will be before his "improved" model will be available?
I did! Mr. Sweet said that he hopes to release the new model sometime in the fall.
__mb__

Post by __mb__ »

Since writing above, several members here have reached out to me via email about selling their Shannon, and I've purchased one. I'm so impressed by and grateful for the community here; thank you all!