Bb marching band flute.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Vlad Maigret
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: An amateur guitar and flute player based in Moscow. I like jazz and improvisation. A huge fan of Peter Bastian. Currently, I own a Yamaha flute ( 100 series) however I'm going to explore some other kinds of flutes ( if I'm lucky),

Bb marching band flute.

Post by Vlad Maigret »

Hello!
I'd like to get myself a marching band flute, in the key of F or, if there's no option, in Bb. I want it to be polymer, it should have at least 5 keys and a sliding head joint. Also, it should be low pitched. What are my options?

I know, this may seem unreal, but i found "mullen flutes" and they produce ( or used to produce) exactly what I want. The thing is, i cannot order a flute, the site doesn't work and they don't respond on the Instagram.

Miller Browne is an option, but it is high pitched...

Could you help me with this, please?

Kind regards,
Vlad
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Bb marching band flute.

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Vlad
Is this Mullan F flute what you are looking for?.
Erne Music Supplies of Enniskillin are the ones that sell them. Mullan is their brand. I have bought from them, both on eBay and directly using their website, with no problems.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Vlad Maigret
Tell us something.: An amateur guitar and flute player based in Moscow. I like jazz and improvisation. A huge fan of Peter Bastian. Currently, I own a Yamaha flute ( 100 series) however I'm going to explore some other kinds of flutes ( if I'm lucky),

Post by Vlad Maigret »

Yeah, thanks, this is the one, but i still have some problems with the web-site. I guess, these are vpn issues, will try to sort em out.

What is your opinion about mullan flutes? Are these worth purchasing?
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Vlad
I am not a flute player, I bought whistles from them. The whistles were well made and robust.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Vlad Maigret

Post by Vlad Maigret »

Miller Browne is great but it is high pitched, this is the only issue. A really want to get a low pitched one.

Im going to try to get the mullan😊
Vlad Maigret

Post by Vlad Maigret »

So, i got a letter from the mullan flutes. They do not produce low pitch flutes anymore.

So, do I have any other options?
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

There is a maker from Northern Ireland who makes aluminium keyed band flutes. But I cannot remember the name and I don't know if they wre shard pitched or not. I hope somebody else remembers that maker. It was posted here not long ago. They were available in a number of different colors, blue, red, green, etc. Looked rather cool.
Vlad Maigret

Post by Vlad Maigret »

I think you are talking about Clifford Rea, I will write him another letter, he didn't reply the previous time
Last edited by Vlad Maigret on Wed May 19, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sedi
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Yes, that's the one. I need to save his website to my bookmarks. The flutes look kinda cool.
Vlad Maigret

Post by Vlad Maigret »

True, I have written him to order an F, fully keyed , A-440. Fingers crossed 🙂.
Vlad Maigret

Post by Vlad Maigret »

Still no response from Rea🤔
Last edited by Vlad Maigret on Wed May 19, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sedi
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Many makers seem to have problems keeping up with their email-correspondence :wink: . I hope it works out -- I'd be really interested in seeing pics of an alloy keyed flute in F.
Vlad Maigret

Post by Vlad Maigret »

Should I send another email then? Or call him?
Or maybe anyone could help me find another way to speak to the manufacturer? I
Vlad Maigret

Post by Vlad Maigret »

So, i have just called Mr. Rea...
Long story short, he does not produce F flutes, and he didn't answer the question about low pitch. And, i guess he wasn't happy about my call... Maybe , it was my fault, like, a stranger is calling, asking weird questions about flutes, weird accent... I don't know
Last edited by Vlad Maigret on Wed May 19, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.