Barna Gabos 6 Key Mopane/Brass Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
piper5johnny
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Barna Gabos 6 Key Mopane/Brass Flute

Post by piper5johnny »

Hello All!
I just wanted to sing the praises of the Hungarian flute maker, Barna Gabos after receiving a beautiful 6 Key Mopane/Brass Concert Flute from him a few weeks ago.
He was a delight to work with--- and with a price of below 2,000 Euros and only a 4 month wait I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a sweet-singing flute without
waiting in a long queue.
The keys and embouchure are top class-- very easy to blow and the tuning is spot on.
I am really glad I chose Mopane with it's very warm and woody tone--especially in the lower register. After seeing his Tigerwood flute in F being played by Blayne Chastain of The Irish Flute Store I ordered one and was blown away by the fantastic tuning and very powerful Bottom D.
I am an Uilleann Piper so I always appreciate this strong note and had to immediately put an order in with Barna for one of his Concert Flutes.
He had some trouble getting an order of flute cases in and although the delay was not long at all, he made me a case from a chess board and promised to send me a much better one
when his cases arrived. He also sent me a bamboo cane flute in Eb to thank me for my patience and of course, it too is amazing in tone and tuning.
I believe you can see my Mopane flute in the March period of his Facebook page. I am very lucky to also have a Hammy Hamilton Blackwood flute-- one of the last on his order book-- and
the two different voices of these magic flutes always keep me smiling.
Many thanks for reading this and Best Wishes to all for the sunny summer ahead.
TxWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Re: Barna Gabos 6 Key Mopane/Brass Flute

Post by TxWhistler »

I went to his website and they are beautiful and look to have great craftsmanship. Congratulations!

I have one question. You said you received a 6-key for under 2000 Euro and his website says the price is 1850 Euro and 160 Euro per key. Is that 160 Euro per key for any keys beyond the first 6? Thanks!