Grinter deposit

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Grinter deposit

Post by david_h »

It's not unusual for a customer (or supplier) to share some of the risk of the unforeseen happening. Most jurisdictions have companies with limited liabilities and plenty of honest ones go bust. If I deal with a sole trader who has a set of unique skills I won't rely on them to having catered (probably by insurance) for every possibility however remote (or even not so remote like a rogue virus) that means they may not, through no fault of their own, be able to deliver on what we agreed or give me all or any of my money back. Sh*t happens, usually it doesn't.

If I sent a flute for repair to someone as old as me it would be nice if they kept all the parts together in a box with my name and ownership details on when they were not on the workbench. If they were worried about taking deposits then maybe they should do that however old they are. Maybe they do.

I do wonder (because I have had to think about something analogous when the buck may have stopped with me) where you folks who use unusual woods and novel wood treatments would stand if a player died of anaphalctic shock and, rightly or wrongly, their insurer's lawyers came after you?
Terry McGee

Post by Terry McGee »

Are you still out there, orflute? I've just been told the address to use is estate@grinterflutes.com . I have no way of knowing if that is valid or not, but worth a shot. If it yields no response, let us know, and I can go back to my contact.
orflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am definitely not a spammer. Flutes are great. Whistles are also great, but not as great as flutes.

Post by orflute »

Thanks Terry - I just got ahold of that same email from another forum member. If anyone else is having this issue, contact Pip & Will, his sons and executors. They are making good on refunds.
Terry McGee

Post by Terry McGee »

Excellent news, orflute. I hope that works out for everyone affected.